Back to navigation page
Health, Safety, and Smoking info
We want everyone to have an enjoyable and SAFE visit to Fort Collins. Here are some tips to make sure your Colorado experience is as good as we can make it.
- Last year it snowed in Fort Collins on the day of the national tournament, but it could as easily be 80F. So watch the weather reports before you travel, and plan for a variety of weather.
- A sweater or light jacket is a great idea, no matter how warm the forecast.
- Fort Collins is a dry climate. Your hair will feel frizzy, your eyes may feel uncomfortably dry, and you may experience headaches.
- Keep hydrated to minimize these symptoms (except the hair).
- A refillable bottle is a wonderful, sustainable choice. CSU has installed more than 50 water-bottle refill stations around campus, including in the Lory Student Center and the residence halls. If you don't want to bring a bottle in your luggage, teams will receive 16 bike-style logo-imprinted bottles you can pick up at registration. Additional bottles can be purchased at registration as well. Thanks to our sponsor, Noosa, for helping keep you hydrated!
- Fort Collins is just over 1525 m (5000 ft) above sea level, so most people will burn more easily. Bring a hat and/or sunglasses to protect your eyes, and bring sunscreen. Both of these items can also be purchased in the CSU Bookstore in the Lory Student Center.
- No smoking is allowed in the interior of any CSU building, within 25 feet of any building entrance, or in outdoor common areas/courtyards.
- Smoking includes lighted and electronic tobacco, as well as marijuana.
- Marijuana, while legal for adults in Colorado, is prohibited anywhere on the CSU campus.
- Call 911 for health & safety emergencies.
- Remember to bring your student medical forms to team registration.